All Habs Headlines: Sunday December 24, 2017
|On this day in hockey history…
1964— TNY Rangers traded Dick Duff to Montreal in exchange for Bill Hicke.
1997— Detroit’s Scotty Bowman became the first coach in NHL history to win 200 games with three different teams, when the Red Wings beat the Bruins, 4-2 at Boston. Bowman had previously won 200+ games with Montreal and Buffalo.
|Stay informed with All Habs Headlines, everything you need to know in one convenient location. Got a tip? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us: @AllHabs !|
► Merry Christmas!
► Lines vs. Oilers – December 23
- Ales Hemsky has concussion symptoms.
- Al Montoya has concussion symptoms.
- Shea Weber has a lower body injury.
- Victor Mete is on loan to Team Canada for the World Junior Hockey Championships
— All Habs (Canadiens) (@AllHabs) December 24, 2017
► Price on top
- It’s quite clear that Carey Price was playing with an injury early in the season, and in doing so, caused his numbers to dip.
- Since he was shut down and returned from injury, Price has been back to form and consequently carrying the Montreal Canadiens.
- Price started 12 games straight earning eight wins, the most among NHL goaltenders, since November 25th.
— Sportsnet Stats (@SNstats) December 23, 2017
► Mete gets an ‘A’
— Hockey Canada (@HockeyCanada) December 24, 2017
► On the road to recovery
- Shea Weber was sent back to Montreal to rest his nagging lower body injury.
Claude Julien confirms Shea Weber is being shut down for the moment.
— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) December 18, 2017
► Touring Europe
- Habs NCAA prospect Jake Evans, a right-handed center, has been named to Team Canada for the Spengler Cup.
- The University of Notre Dame Senior leads his team in points with 28, seven of which are goals.
— Blain Potvin (@Potsy_70) December 20, 2017
► Everyone gets an extension
- As heard on From the Press Box podcast, Canadiens prospects Joni Ikonen and Lukas Vejdemo have signed one-year extensions with their teams for next season.
- Ikonen, a 2017 second round selection, has three goals, six points in 31 games played this season. He will play for Team Finland for the World Junior Championships.
- Vejdemo, a 2015 Habs third round selection, has enjoyed a breakout season with Djurgårdens, recording six goals, 13 points in 25 games.
— Djurgården Hockey (@DIFHockeyse) December 18, 2017
► Fucale going beast mode
- Zach Fucale is sent to the ECHL Brampton Beast.
- Fucale will share the goaltending duties in Brampton with Andrew D’Agostini and Senators prospect Marcus Hogberg.
- This leaves Charlie Lindgren and Michael McNiven to man the crease for the Rocket. McNiven has been given permission to find a place in Laval.
► Lernout gets the call and return
- Brett Lernout received the recall to join the Canadiens in Calgary on Thursday.
- Lernout made his season debut in Edmonton on Saturday playing 14:43.
- After the game, Lernout was returned to the Laval Rocket.
Brett Lernout on hearing that he will play tonight against the Edmonton Oilers. Photo by Stephane Dube All images ©️ Rocket Sports Media Unauthorized use prohibited. #allhabs #gohabsgo #canadiens #showyourhabs #planethabs #Habs #AHL #GoRocket #rocketsportsmedia Be sure to follow: @allhabs @lavalrocket @ahlreport @rocketsportsmedia @purplegypsyproductions @stephane.dube
|New at All Habs Hockey Magazine|
|In case you missed it! Catch up on recently-published stimulating, original content.|
|[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”3″ thisfeed=”8″ showdate=”0″]|
Follow @AllHabs on Twitter