All Habs Headlines: Sunday February 4, 2018
|On this day in hockey history…
1994 — Scotty Bowman registered his 1,000th coaching victory of both regular season and playoff wins (1,000-578-231), becoming the first ever to reach the milestone, as the Detroit Red Wings beat the Lightning 3-1 at Tampa Bay. He’d finish his career with 1,244 regular-season wins, 2,141 regular-season games coached, 223 playoff wins, 353 playoff games coached – all records. He won nine Stanley Cups in his coaching career (five with Montreal, one with Pittsburgh, and three with Detroit), also the most of any coach.
1994 — Defenseman Lyle Odelein tied a club record for assists in a game by a defenseman, with five as the Canadiens won 9-2 over the visiting Hartford Whalers. Hall of Famer Doug Harvey had five assists on Feb 19,1955.
|Stay informed with All Habs Headlines, everything you need to know in one convenient location. Got a tip? Send us an email: email@example.com or tweet us: @AllHabs !|
► Game Day – February 4th
- Get ready for puck drop! For everything you need to know for today’s game, check out: GAME DAY | Senators – Canadiens: Preview, Prediction, Lines, Goalies, TV
- Missed the last Habs game? The Canadiens defense came up big. Read about it here: RECAP | Ducks – Canadiens: Blame It on the D
- The Laval Rocket returned to the ice against the Toronto Marlies after the All-Star break. Read here: RECAP | Rocket – Marlies: Laval Handed Dismal Divisional Defeat in Toronto
► Injury update
- Jonathan Drouin – left Saturday’s game with an undisclosed injury after being struck by a shot from the stick of Karl Alzner in the second period. Coach Claude Julien reported that Drouin had not sustained a fracture. Drouin was taken to hospital as a preventative measure for testing. Drouin will be a game-time decision for today’s game.
- Ales Hemsky – concussion (indefinite)
- Shea Weber – lower-body injury (2-3 weeks), no longer in a walking boot
- Phillip Danault – concussion (indefinite), skating on his own
- Andrew Shaw – lower-body injury (4-6 weeks)
— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) February 2, 2018
► How bad?
- We know that the Canadiens are having a rough season but how does this Marc Bergevin assembled squad match up to previous editions of the Habs? One of the worst.
It's been disappointing all around for the 2017-18 #Habs, as their current pace is an ugly one & they rank among the franchise's worst Post-WWII records for this point of a season pic.twitter.com/9ACJGTqasC
— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) February 2, 2018
► Happy 40th!
- According to our friends at CapFriendly, the Canadiens management has burned one year of Victor Mete‘s contract.
Tomorrow nights game vs the Blues will mark Victor Mete's 40th game of the season on the #Habs active roster, officially earning him his first accrued season & putting him 1 year closer to qualifying for Unrestricted Free Agency.
— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) January 29, 2018
► Pacioretty is best in January
- Max Pacioretty was presented with the Molson Cup for January before Saturday’s game. The Canadiens captain had eight goals and three assists for 11 points in 11 games in January.
- Pacioretty’s eight goals placed him in the top-3 in the NHL in scoring for January.
► What would it take?
- Frankly it seems rather silly for a team who can’t score to trade one of the best snipers in the league. But still the Max Pacioretty speculations persists.
- On Hockey Night in Canada, Nick Kypreos believes that the ask for Pacioretty is four assets: A first round draft selection, a second round pick, a top prospect and a roster player.
► Let’s Talk
- It’s one day where social media works towards ending the stigma against those with mental illness.
- Several members of the All Habs Hockey Magazine team have their own demons and one member in particular goes above and beyond year round. The sacrifice, year round, of Habs’ fan and All Habs staff writer Caitlyn Golem does not go unnoticed.
— Caitlyn Golem 🏒⚾🏋️ (@CaitlynGolem) February 1, 2018
► Groundhog Day
- Habs fans feel like every game they watch recently is like the movie Groundhog Day. But what of the real thing? Will there be a thaw to this bleak winter for the Canadiens’?
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning! Six more weeks of winter ❄ It's the perfect time to listen to our latest podcast epi: a Groundhog Day edition w/a special Top 5, All-Star talk, AHL news and Laval Rocket analysis. Listen and RT! @TheAHLReport @RocketSports https://t.co/w0GIGGAjGh
— Amy (@FlyersRule) February 2, 2018
|New at All Habs Hockey Magazine|
|In case you missed it! Catch up on recently-published stimulating, original content.|
|[wp_rss_multi_importer category=”3″ thisfeed=”8″ showdate=”0″]|
Follow @AllHabs on Twitter