All Habs Headlines: Sunday September 28, 2014
On this day in hockey history… 1972 – Paul Henderson scored the game winner with 34 seconds remaining to give Team Canada a 6-5 win over the Soviets in Moscow, in Game 8 of the historic 1972 series.
|All Habs Headlines|
All Habs Headlines is the ideal way to stay abreast of all the information you need to know. Got a tip? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us: @All_Habs !
► Training camp schedule: September 28
- Canadiens optional skate: 16 skaters and 3 goalies took part.
- Carey Price will play the full game tonight.
- A close-to-opening night lineup for the Canadiens includes Jarred Tinordi, Jiri Sekac and Christian Thomas
- Alex Galchenyuk will be at centre with Max Pacioretty and P.A. Parenteau.
- Sunday September 28, 6:00 pm: Washington Capitals vs Montreal Canadiens (Bell Centre)
Wednesday October 1, 8:30 pm: Montreal Canadiens vs Chicago Blackhawks (United Center)
Friday October 3, 7:30 pm: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators (Canadian Tire Centre)
Saturday October 4, 7:00 pm: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens (Bell Centre)
► Saturday practice
- There were several points of interest on Saturday regarding the roster. First Davis Drewiske, Magnus Nygren, Sven Andrighetto, Drayson Bowman, Jacob de la Rose, Nikita Scherbak and Tim Bozon were all moved to Group B.
- Jarred Tinordi, Greg Pateryn, Nathan Beaulieu, Francis Bouillon, Jiri Sekac and Christian Thomas remain with Group A.
- Lars Eller played between Jiri Sekac and Rene Bourque while Alex Galchenyuk returned to the wing on Tomas Plekanec‘s line.
- Canadiens lines and defense pairings during Saturday’s practice:
Max Pacioretty – David Desharnais – P.A. Parenteau
Alex Galchenyuk – Tomas Plekanec – Brendan Gallagher
Jiri Sekac – Lars Eller – Rene Bourque
Brandon Prust – Manny Malhotra – Dale Weise
Travis Moen – Michael Bournival – Christian Thomas
Alexei Emelin – P.K. Subban
Andrei Markov – Tom Gilbert
Nathan Beaulieu – Mike Weaver
Jarred Tinordi – Greg Pateryn
► Bulldogs goalies
- While all the attention has been on the Canadiens goaltending trio, the Hamilton Bulldogs should be in very good shape in the crease with or without the return of Dustin Tokarski.
- Joey MacDonald brings 13 years of pro experience including significant time in the AHL to the Bulldogs. Mike Condon is the likely backup. Full story here.
- Somewhat surprisingly, Vancouver Canucks goalie Jacob Markstrom passed through waivers without being claimed by a NHL team.
- While it is assumed that Dustin Tokarski would be claimed on waivers if sent to Hamilton, the situation has become more unclear.
► Sportsnet commercial features Pernell Karl
- Nick Kypreos takes a name less from P.K. Subban in this commercial for Sportsnet.
|What’s new at All Habs Hockey Magazine and Hockey Pub:|
|All Habs Hockey MagazineHockey Pub||Catch up on any of our stimulating, original content that you may have missed. Select below:|
Follow @All_Habs on Twitter